HOSTING A LOW-WASTE Christmas Day is acheivable and so so easy to do!
Set your party up for low waste success in less than 5 minutes!
We all know that over December, Christmas time is a big month for waste. We think 'it’s only one day', but there are around 7.8 billion people in the world, and that means an INSANE amount of waste for just 'one day'.
Our good friend Georgie Hannan has teamed with us to bring you a series of natural, low-tox and handy DIYs you can enjoy at home, with little to no additional spending required!
Here’s what she and her gorgeous family (and ours, too) will be doing on Christmas Day to do their bit for Mother Earth... and our future generations.
How to host a Low-Waste Christmas Day:
1. Let your guests know you are trying to be waste conscious... they may be surprised, grateful, dismissive or meh. It doesn’t matter...!
2. Set up 4 bins, boxes, or tubs for:
3. Simply pop a label on each bin or bag and place them in a section of your party space visible to your guests
4. At the end of the day, tip each bin into your main coloured bins! Easy! Take soft plastics to your local Woolies or Redcycle bin.
5. Choose paper over plastic cutlery OR even better... BYO! Hold on to your throw away cup and use it all day.
6. If available, swap plastic wrap for beeswax wraps or just cover plates with a tea towel!
Have fun, be Merry & Safe!