Marmalade Lion's signature best-seller, our pure sustainable Australian Wool baby Activity Mat is designed for baby’s ‘tummy time’, lying down and learning to crawl for newborns and up to one-year-olds. And, it can be used safely indoors and outdoors, thanks to our patented eco-friendly, TPU coating.
A non-slip backing and memory foam inner are key to the versatility of this mat. Crafting the product using high-quality materials ensures you can safely place your baby or toddler down on this mat without a worry, no matter what the surface is. Use in the nursery, bathroom, backyard, the park and the beach.
Now, let’s talk about the covers! There’s plenty to choose from and they are all interchangeable and machine washable. We sell different hand-illustrated designs so you can change up the look of your mat easily. Not to mention how having a handful of covers means you can still use the mat while the original cover is ‘in the wash’ (definitely helpful when you’ve got mountains of new baby laundry piling up).
Find out about why this is such a popular product among our happy customers by reading some of our fabulous reviews.
Looking for something a little bigger? Check out our 1.5m Super Mats.
• Activity mat is made from Australian wool meaning it’s breathable, antimicrobial and antibacterial; extremely gentle and non-toxic for a newborn’s sensitive skin
• Unlike other baby play mats that accumulate stains and smells, our mat covers can be removed and machine washed to be used again and again
• The thick, waterproof insert is crafted from memory foam meaning you can use this mat indoors and outdoors. The memory foam reacts to your child’s temperature, meaning it perfectly supports your bub and then bounces back to its original shape when not in use
• Our sustainable mats are crafted to last through multiple children. A long product life means less waste
• Waterproof, non slip backing means this mat is safe to use at the beach, outside and in the bathroom
• Our unique Expect-A-Spill™ non-toxic, eco-friendly waterproof coating means these mats are easy to wipe down, preventing constant machine washing
• There’s plenty of hand illustrated designs by local artists to choose from
• Comes in a reusable bag that you can repurpose
• Diameter 100cm
• 47cm x 27cm x 27cm when folded into matching carry bag
Please click here for care instructions.
Unlike synthetic fibres, natural Australian wool is known to shed initially. It is important that you DO NOT vacuum the mat. Instead, take it outside and shake the excess fibres out whenever you notice the product needs it.
This is a beautiful product that is lovely and soft to touch, washes well and is great for tummy time for my new born.
Australian Washable Wool Super Activity Mat
We have given the mats as presents to a couple of family and friends. They are easy to wash and create lovely soft surfaces for baby and toddlers.
I bought the small wool playmat when I had my first bub and it was perfect, but was a bit too small for the toddler and second baby. Bought this one and it’s fab! All three of us fit on it, and it’s super comfy.
I went with wool covers because I love the fibre, and because they’re neutral and go with everything. I find the wool can be a bit warm at times (I have the pram liner too), warmer than the other covers- my sister has a printed one. Would love to see some more neutral/plainer designs of the cotton covers, as I’d like one but all the designs seem a bit loud for me. They’re beautiful, but just don’t fit with my aesthetic.
Other thing to mention is that while I haven’t noticed it over time, my small playmat has definitely changed with all the washing. It’s not a problem and definitely still looks great, just different to the new one. If you’re a sheep person, it looks a bit like weaner tips compared to the plush look of the brand new one. I personally like they look of my older one better.
Absolutely recommend this beautiful big playmat, and it’s smaller sister!
I had been looking for months for a large mat to have in my lounge big enough for my twin babies that was tasteful and not too bright that would last as the babies grew and would also be comfy for my older two children (7 and 5) to lay on and read or watch TV. It has been the only thing I've found like it and it ticks all the boxes. It has beautiful soft fabric, I love the interchangeable covers and how soft the wool cover is (which I look forward to using in winter) and the mat insert is lovely and soft. Such a beautiful product which I think I'll get years of value from. I can't fault it. Everyone that's seen it has loved it and asked me about it too.